Leaning on the heritage of our legendary OO series synthesizers, ARGON8M is a modern wavetable synth for music performers, producers and sound designers. With it’s transparent and rich sound, an array of realtime controls, full MPE support, a clear structured user interface and integrated performance tools, ARGON8M is a unique instrument, designed to deliver an unmatched sonic experience.
The sleek desktop/rackmount aluminium enclosure design fits on every table or in every rack. MODALapp gives easy access to all ARGON8M functions and runs on macOS/Windows/iOS/iPadOS and Android devices and is also available in AU/VST3 plug-in formats as MODALplugin.
- Perform with unique wavetable sounds, ranging from lush pads, soaring leads, moving soundscapes and earth shuttering basses
- Explore the exciting sonic options of a complex 8-voice wavetable engine with 4 oscillators per voice
- Create and save your own signature sonic textures with morphable waveforms, analogue-style morphable filter, an immersive modulation matrix and flexible digital effects
- Bring performance to a new level with MPE support, the integrated 512-note Realtime/Step Sequencer, 32-step programmable Arpeggiator and hugely powerful Animation Lanes
- Integrate ARGON8M into your production and live performances thanks to its stylish desktop/rackmount aluminium chassis and the full-size MIDI connections and the 3.5mm Sync Ins and Outs
- Access all synthesizer functions and update ARGON8M via the free MODALapp, available on macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS, Android and AU/VST3
ARGON8M’s sophisticated wavetable engine generates thousands of different sonic combinations with its seamless waveform morphing feature. Explore evolving ambient textures, classic pads and modern chords, brutal basses, dark drones and psychedelic noise textures – ARGON8M is a true sound designer’s playground. Process and cross modulate the waves using either the 32 static wavetable modifiers and unlock additional wavetable variations. With ARGON8M, virtually every sound imagination comes to life.
Four morphable filter types deliver contemporary and classic options to shape sounds. Two flexible audio rate (1x polyphonic) LFOs can be routed to a huge amount of destinations using the modulation matrix and sync to internal or external tempo. Three dedicated envelopes for the filter, amp and modulation provide excessive control over dynamics and expression. ARGON8M’s sophisticated 12-slot modulation matrix supports easy assignments of complex modulation routes to keep the sound evolving. 4 common modulation routings are pre-set here to free up space for more exciting ideas.
Bring performance to a new level with the integrated 512-note Realtime / Step Sequencer with 4 powerful Animation Lanes, that instils massive and complex transitions to the sound in a way that LFOs and Envelopes simply won’t provide. The polyphonic 64-note step sequencer mode enables easy step input for note and animation values to create exciting melodic patterns.
Multiple sequencer trigger modes coupled with the powerful onboard arpeggiator (programmable up to 32 steps) and performance features such as Chord hold, Inversions, Transpose, Sustain Latch and the Joystick turn ARGON8M a performers and players dream.
ARGON8Ms professional approach to serious artists finds perfect expression in the rugged steel and aluminium chassis. The desktop design fits on every producer’s table. Included rackmounts help to mount ARGON8M into a live or studio rack. For direct access of the parameters, ARGON8M features 13 switched encoders, 13 encoders, 9 buttons and an X/Y joystick for pitch and modulation.
ARGON8M’s 3-slot FX engine enables in-depth programming. It can combine up to 12 FX algorithms to add character and depth to your sound, including Distortion (waveshaping overdrive) Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb.
With a comprehensive set of connections, ARGON8M feels home in every environment. Control the synth using USB, monitor with headphones or using the dedicated line outputs, sync with external gear using the full-size MIDI in and out or the 3.5 mm Sync in our outputs and take control of your sound using the built-in Sustain and Expression inputs. Expanding the sound of ARGON8M is possible by poly chaining any two ARGON8 units for 16 voices and 64 oscillators.