The H4N Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film productions. The onboard X/Y microphone produces incredible stereo imaging while the two combo input jacks allow you to use your favourite microphones as well. Additionally, the headphone/line output jack is ideal for sending high-definition stereo audio directly to your camera.
Including free Zoom APH-4NSP Accessory Pack, saving £40 - while stocks last.
Perfect for capturing live performances:
Capable of handling up to 140dB SPL, the H4N Pro can easily record everything from heavy metal to bass-heavy EDM. Now you can take line-level stereo audio from your mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones, putting your listeners front row center.
With overdubbing and punch-in features, as well as studio-quality instrument effects and emulators, you can create songs from start to finish with the H4N Pro. This handy recorder also functions as a 2-in/2-out USB audio interface, ensuring complete compatibility with your favourite recording/editing software - or why not start creating with the included Cubase LE8 software.
High-performance mic preamps:
Featuring the same high-performance, low-noise mic preamps as Zoom acclaimed H5 and H6, the H4N Pro offers recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Built-in stereo recording:
The X/Y stereo recording covers a wide area while capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition. The two unidirectional condenser microphones can easily be changed from 90 degrees to 120 degrees, allowing you to choose between a tightly focused stereo image and a wider image simply by twisting the capsules.
Portable form factor:
The new rubberized, ergonomic body is perfect for use in the field or with a camera, while new locking connectors ensure your cables stay secure. Incredibly portable, the H4N Pro can travel anywhere with you, ensuring you never miss a moment.
Three ways to record:
The Stereo Mode utilises the built-in X/Y microphones (or external mics) and is suitable for recording live performances, acoustic instruments, dialogue and more. In 4CH mode, the H4N Pro allows you to record with both the X/Y microphones and two external inputs simultaneously, suitable for capturing live room sound and a stereo feed at the same time. Finally, MTR Mode (Multi-track) transforms the H4N Pro into a four-track studio with built-in effects, overdub functions and the ability to work with previously recorded sound files.
Editing and recording software included:
The H4N Pro comes complete with free download licenses for Steinberg's Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software. Providing you with a complete audio production toolkit, now you can create your own audio utilising the Pro's USB audio interface function while also expanding your own capabilities with Steinberg's renowned software.
- Zoom H4n Portable Recorder
- Protective Case
- 2 x AA Batteries
- Operation Manual
- Steinberg Cubase LE8 for Mac OS X 10.9/10.10 and Windows 7/8/8.1
- WaveLab LE8 for Mac OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Zoom APH-4NSP Accessory Pack while stocks last.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90° and 120°
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8'' mic input mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9'' backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50 to 150 , without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)