The 6-voice pure analog PolyBrute builds on award-winning technology and sound to deliver the polysynth you’ve been waiting for. PolyBrute has an expansive morphing architecture and a solid, expressive 61-key range that'll take your sound where no synth has gone before.
Evolution of the Brute
PolyBrute’s panel has knobs and switches delivering the immediate satisfaction of real-time tactile control over your entire analog domain
Each pure analog voice is a feature-packed sonic power tool featuring two highly versatile Brute waveshaping VCOs, a full-spectrum noise generator, enhanced Steiner multimode filter, custom lowpass ladder filter, 3 LFOs, 3 Envelope Generators, and more. They all meet up in the Matrix to bring you patching flexibility normally reserved for modular systems.
Use PolyBrute's 6 voices polyphonically or in splits and layers - and stack them in Unison mode when you want to peel the paint off the walls. The sum total is an endless palette of sounds ranging from beauty to beast.
Morph or modulate?
Imagine being able to smoothly sweep all parameters at once. PolyBrute goes even further, with each preset existing in two states simultaneously - and a dedicated Morph knob that lets you seamlessly morph between them, revealing an infinite continuum of inspiring new sounds in between.
Great-feeling pitch and multifunction wheels provide familiar expressivity, with the flexibility of parameter assignment. There's even an assignable touch-sensitive strip immediately above the keyboard ready for you to slip, slide and tap. Arguably at the heart of this expressive performability is the Morphée three-dimensional touchpad. This revolutionary feature offers 3-axis control over patch morphing, sequence/arpeggiator randomization, or up to 32 assigned Matrix modulations per axis - adding a unique human touch.
Finally, PolyBrute is supercharged with expansive modulation functions. Say no to static basslines and monotonous chord voicings; use 3 LFOs and 3 Envelope Generators to inject organic movement and dynamics like never before.
Enter the matrix
Instant access to 768 presets. No menus, no waiting - just like everything else on PolyBrute. The Matrix is the digital brain to PolyBrute's analog heart; a flexible, hands-on interface with multiple functions that can be tailored to your performing, recording, or composing needs.
In Mods mode, the Matrix button grid is a digital patchbay, letting you easily route any of your modulation sources and controllers to influence just about any parameter you can think of. With 64 connections and up to 32 modulation destinations, you’re fully empowered for some serious synth wizardry.
In Sequencer mode, the Matrix becomes a visual interface presenting everything you need to create ear-popping polyphonic sequences, arpeggios and trailblazing hybrids. In addition to notes, you can also record and replay your synth parameter changes, transforming the Sequencer into a whole new modulation source to breathe energy into your tracks and performances.
PolyBrute puts all that analog power right up front with dedicated knobs and switches—making menu diving and memorization a thing of the past. Almost everything you touch also generates MIDI, so you can capture your every move as part of your DAW productions.
Need some instant attitude? Crank up the enhanced Steiner filter’s Brute Factor. Want to change the cutoff on both filters at once? Grab the Master Cutoff knob. Time to shake the foundation? Dial in VCO 2’s sub-oscillator. It’s all right there in front of you. To complete the classic look, a set of optional wooden legs are available
Step back, leap forward
PolyBrute comes armed with powerful sequencing and arpeggiation abilities.
Use the Matrix in Sequencer mode to fire up a 64-step sequence, step away from the keys, and focus on real-time modulation and dynamic tweaking. Add velocity, accents, slides, and randomization for sequence that evolves and responds to every musical nuance.
Instantly generate animated arpeggios with multiple musical directions, optionally repeated in higher octaves. Go further with the Matrix Arpeggiator mode, with a hybrid 16-step framework that lets you generate complex arpeggiated textures - a whole new realm of assisted performance!
Polyphony in stereo
For a polysynth to truly shine, depth simply isn't enough - width is a necessity. PolyBrute features left and right unbalanced 1/4" jacks for your master stereo audio output - with functions specifically designed to make the most of the stereo field.
Stereo displacement of voices can be controlled in the output section. This subtly pans each of the 6 voices left and right to varying degrees, allowing you to swing from a focused centralized sound, to a larger-than-life immersive width. In addition, the dual filter design can be routed in parallel, resulting in a discrete stereo sound. In this mode, the left and right channels can have different evolving sounds that be manipulated with the morphing features.
Finally, a built-in array of high-quality digital effects adds the finishing touch to your patches in full stereo fashion. We’ve included favorite algorithms from our critically acclaimed software FX Collection, along with some new reverbs and delays to take advantage of PolyBrute's stereo architecture. Better still, you can modulate certain effects' parameters with the mod matrix for animated space and texture that's out of this world.
"Arturia have done it again! The brand new PolyBrute is the synth the world’s been waiting for. The 6 voice PolyBrute is the most inspiring synthesizer I’ve heard in a very long time. It really does sound amazing. Tweaking is a breeze and very addictive thanks to the eye-catching 8 x 12 matrix panel inherited from its grandad, the MatrixBrute .This makes it easy to keep tabs on the exceedingly deep modulation routings the synth offers Much more than the sum of its parts. The PolyBrute may well be the best thing to happen this year. The best Brute yet."
Stephen Morris - New Order
- 6-voice analog morphing polysynth
- 61-note velocity/pressure-sensitive keyboard
- 2 Brute waveshaping oscillators per voice
- Noise generator ranging from red to white noise
- Dual filter design: Steiner multimode and Dr. Bob Moog's 24db Ladder
- Master filter control and filter FM
- 3 LFOs and 3 Envelope Generators
- Matrix interface for modulation, sequencing, and preset control
- 64 Matrix points for modular-style patching
- Each preset has 2 states, seamlessly blended with the Morph control
- Split or layer the keybed with the morphable sonic states
- Select Poly, Mono, or Unison modes for the keyboard
- Revolutionary 3-axis Morphée controller for real-time tactile expression
- Assignable ribbon controller above keybed
- Pitch wheel and assignable multi-function mod wheel
- 64-step sequencer with motion recorder and automation
- Multi-mode complex arpeggiator
- Built-in stereo digital effects including reverb, chorus, and delay
- Left and right unbalanced 1/4" output jacks
- MIDI In, Out and Thru DIN connectivity, plus USB MIDI
- PolyBrute Connect software for Mac/PC for easy library and workflow management
- Optional wooden legs extra
- Each voice has two oscillators, plus a sub-oscillator for VCO 2
- Powerful waveform sculpting features, such as variable oscillator sync,wavefolding (i.e., Metalizer)
- Two independent filters per voice◦Steiner: 12dB per octave (continuous multimode), plus our famousBrute Factor for extra grit◦Ladder: 24dB per octave with distortion◦Use them in series, parallel, or any blend of the two◦Master Cutoff control to sweep both filters at once◦Filter FM (VCO 2 > VCF 1, Noise > VCF 2)
- Continuous soft > hard oscillator sync (2 > 1)
- Morph: Every patch has two sounds (A+B); most parameters can morph betweenan A and B setting. Details arehere.
- Three syncable, multi-waveform LFOs per voice
- Three loopable envelopes: VCF/VCA (ADSR), Mod (DADSR)•Multi-colour noise generator
- Powerful, easy-to-use modulation matrix
- Morphée, a 3-D controller that can modulate parameters along the X, Y, and Zaxes simultaneously
- Velocity and Aftertouch (pressure sensitivity)
- Ribbon controller
- Pitch and Modulation wheels•Octave buttons can shift keyboard range +/- 2 octaves from center•One Sustain pedal input and two Expression pedal inputs (pedals optional)
- Polyphonic up to 6 notes
- Record and play back up to 3 modulation tracks
- Sequences can hold up to 64 steps; arpeggios can have up to 32 steps
- Swing, time division settings
- Multiple playback modes and directions
- Convert arpeggios to sequences
- Step record/editing
- Matrix Arpeggiator mode for constructing complex arpeggios
- Tempo range 30-240 bpm
- Free, downloadable application for registered PolyBrute owners
- Two-way editing: turn a knob, the editor follows, and vice-versa
- Adjust internal settings quickly, such as envelope curves, timbrality settings, etc.
- Librarian features (organize, search by category, export, import, share with otherusers)
- Doubles as a VST plugin for DAW control of external PolyBrute parameters
- Stereo outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru connectors
- Clock In/Out for integration with modular systems
- USB type B connector for use with DAWs and the PolyBrute Editor•Headphone jack with independent level control