This is our VC Rotator, a stepped routing module for audio, CVs, gates and triggers! A typical VC switch can only switch one source to multiple destinations, or multiple sources to one destination. On our VC Rotator there is no such limitation! The same number of inputs and outputs exist, so instead of 4:1 or 1:4, this module always swaps 4 inputs to 4 outputs. It can also be divided into 2 sections of 2:2.
All four inputs get routed to the four outputs based on the CV and Clock controls. This is indicated in the following four (4) states:
1. An input is routed to the output with the same number - 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, 4:4
2. An input is routed to the output with the number offset by 1 - 1:2, 2:3, 3:4, 4:1
3. An input is routed to the output with the number offset by 2 - 1:3, 2:4, 3:1, 4:2
4. An input is routed to the output with the number offset by 3 - 1:4, 2:1, 3:2, 4:3
The Direction parameter determines if the Clock input moves the rotation forward or backwards, while the Reset input resets the clock to the first step.
- 4 Inputs
- 4 Outputs
- Direction Switch
- 4 Monitor LEDs
- CV Rotate with Attenuverter
- Clock Input
- Reset Input