Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the MPX8’s eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads.
It’s that simple.
Use it in the studio. Use it live on stage or on air. MPX8 packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that’s built to perform.
Control Software & MIDI Gear:
MPX8 also has USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs. Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear. The included USB cable and 1/8"-to-MIDI adapter make it easy to connect.
Edit with Ease:
With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto MPX8. The editor’s drag-and-drop functionality saves you time, instantly converting your samples to compatible .WAV files
Get in the Loops:
MPX8 also comes with a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production.
Lose the Luggage:
It’s compact, easy to load, and ready to go. MPX8 packs the sounds you need under great-feeling pads inside a solid Akai Pro design. You get quick and convenient one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops. It’s that simple.
- Add sound samples from a standard SD or SDHC card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Also controls computer MIDI software and outboard MIDI gear
- Drag-and-drop sample kit editor for Mac® and PC included
- Editor instantly converts samples to compatible .WAV files
- Built-in library of popular sounds and samples
- Includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Tune, add reverb, and save sample sets for easy recall
- (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm)
- 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm)