The Squid Salmpler is a eurorack 8 channel audio & CV sampler. Designed for immediate real time sampling, editing and mangling within a modular context.
Taking influence from early hardware samplers, The Squid Salmple focuses on usability & instinctive operation incorporating a proven Pamela’s Workout style user interface for minimal screen dependance & a fun, hands on experience.
With support for sampling and playback for both audio and CV, as well as CV control of all parameters, on the fly bank loading & saving to USB, The Squid Salmple brings a unique take on old school sampling into the modular realm. The Squid Salmple comes with a USB Stick containing approximately 90 banks of original carefully
curated royalty free samples. This includes a wide range of sounds from classic drum machines & weird synths to field recordings & CV modulations. Banks are provided by both ALM and some of our favourite artists and friends including Mumdance, Solid Blake, Russell Haswell, Lauren Flax, Dave Burraston (NYZ), Sue Zuki, Dungeon Acid, Sasha Lewis and Andrew Duff.
- 8 independent channels, 4 DC coupled outputs (2 channels per out) and a mix output (AC coupled).
- 1 recording input handling both CV and audio input from line to modular level. Records to any channel.
- Each channel has approx 11 secs of 16 bit / 44.1khz mono sample time stored in low latency RAM.
- Each channel can have various parameters edited all in real time; bit depth, rate, playback speed/pitch, amplitude level with a simple envelope, looping with crossfade, playback direction., start, end and loop 'cue' positions, multiple cue groups and more.
- Three CV inputs allow for CV control to be assigned to any & multiple parameters. Channels 6,7 & 8 have dedicated 1v/oct input for control of pitch.
- Sampling initiation and channel destination can be controlled by either automated patching or manually via UI controls.
- Save and load samples to USB keys as regular Wav format files arranged in quick to use Banks of 8. (Up to 99 banks per key)