A mixer by musicians, for musicians.
The Korg Soundlink MW2408 Hybrid Mixer provides all the features needed in a live mixer and makes them accessible for engineers of all abilities. To do this, Korg teamed up with legendary mixer designers Greg Mackie and Peter Watts to create the hybrid mini console.
The Soundlink offers hands-on, analog controls that are easy to access and moderate. These are great for instant impact, live mixing decisions, preventing the need to digitally scroll through menus. The digital element of the console is saved for high-quality Korg effects that elevate your live sound. The MW2408 is a 24-channel mixer, with analog HiVolt preamps delivering a warm sound suitable for all applications. Various routing options streamline your workflow, including mute groups, the unique musicians phone feature and assignable EQ and dynamic buttons.
Also included is access to the powerful RX elements by iZoptope. This advanced software suite is equipped with several tools that will allow you to clean, repair, or even rebalance the mix of any recording. Find out below how to access this software.
HiVolt microphone preamps
HiVolt preamps deliver pristine audio with low noise and high headroom. Designed with Peter Watts, who played a big part in developing legendary Trident consoles, the HiVolt preamps offer a warm and rich sound not often found in this price bracket. This is paired with the preamps offering a 16.5V internal voltage for plenty of headroom.
The Soundlink console has been designed to offer practical features for everyday musicians and engineers. One feature, often found on larger desks, is the mute groups function. These allow you to instantly call up different combinations of channels for various groups on stage. This can include sound checks, different songs, solo acoustic numbers or different parts of church services. This is a hugely beneficial feature that can turn open mic nights into professional running productions.
Quickly adjust independent mixes
A key duty in the role of engineer is to ensure that musicians are happy with their own sound on stage. Soundlink’s Musician Phone feature provides one-knob boost of the complete left/right mix into the musician’s individual track. This means that instead of taking up a bus send, or editing your main mix setting, you have a dedicated knob to keep musicians happy. The answer to the ‘more me’ dilemma!
The Soundlink console utilises a proprietary Korg custom chip to provide 24 realistic digital effects. Parameters of all these effects can be edited to suit musical style and environment, providing authentic effects to elevate the performance. Once edited, these can be saved and recalled in an instant, or triggered via an optional footswitch. All reverb within the console also feature a ‘WARM’ version, with different EQ and performance characteristics. Also, a built-in spectrum analyser provides test tones to check for any potential issues before going live.
Rack-mount, studio-grade DSP
It can be time consuming to scroll through menus in order to find your desired effect. To combat this, the Soundlink features a row of individual L/R, AUX 1 and Aux 2 assign buttons to quickly alter both equalization and dynamics. Other effects within the console include a limiter, compressor and noise gate which offer subtle audio processing. Each has tweakable, recallable parameters. Coupled with a 31-band Spectrum Analyzer, the 31-band/9-band ParaGraphic EQ solves even the most difficult acoustical problems.
RX elements by iZotope included
Included with the console is iZotope’s powerful RX elements software. This software is packed with tools that help clean, repair and rebalance recorded mixes.
How to download: go to the KORG Bundle Software website and insert the code included in the SoundLink Mixers. This way you will be able to get a specific download code for “iZotope RX 7 Elements”. Once you have that download code, go to iZotope’s website and use the code to download the software.
- True hybrid design developed with mixer design legends Greg Mackie and Peter Watts
- Practical design structure and intuitive features that make mixing unpredictable live performances easy even for novices
- Peter Watts-designed HiVolt mic preamps, with the most headroom of any comparablypriced analog or digital mixer
- Unique Musician’s Phones Monitor Section for fast, one-knob boost of a musician’s mix without having to change Aux or Main mix
- Only mixer in its class with Mute Groups to create various input combinations of musicians or parts of a church service
- True 8-bus configuration makes SoundLink perfect for recording as well as live mixing musicians, different parts of a church service, or cues during a theater production
- Peter Watts’ refined, studio-grade, one-knob Compressor on all mic channels
- Super-useful touches such as best-in-class Feedback control system, all-XLR speaker outputs, 31-band Spectrum Analyzer, and enhanced Break system
- 20 of Korg’s renowned 32-bit digital effects — 10 at once with recallable parameters
- Premium components including Velvet Sound™ A/D & D/A converters and silky-smooth, long-life ALPS® faders and rotary controls