The Morphagene is a next generation tape and microsound music module that uses Reels, Splices, and Genes to create new sounds from those that already exist. Search between the notes to find the unfound sounds.
Some of the Morphagene's most basic uses: Splice recorded audio and jumble it using ORGANIZE. Manipulate playback speed and direction with Vari-Speed. Granularize with Gene-Size and Slide. Layer or Stagger Genes using MORPH. Undertake iterative music processes by recording manipulations and overdubs into new Splices, like having two machines (one for Playback and modulations, one for Record). Process sound in real time using Time Lag Accumulation. Utilize envelope following CV OUT and EOSG Trigger to engage Morphagene in conversation with the rest of your modular system. Stretch and squash sound with Clock input.
- Voltage control over all sound manipulation parameters
- STEREO I/O with Auto Input Leveling
- Recording Reel can be up to 87 seconds long
- Record/ create up to 99 Splices per Reel
- SD Card stores multiple Reels
- Sound On Sound allows for layering sounds
- Playback and Recording independent, like having two machines
- Vari-Speed range 12 semitones up and 26 down, over 3 octaves
- 24-bit codec, creates 48k 32bit WAV files
- Back up Reels on computer with SD Card (includes blank SD Card)