Combining analog playability with unprecedented performance potential, Moog’s Etherwave Theremin provides an accurate five-octave pitch range and balanced spacing between notes for a highly sophisticated degree of playability.
Updated analog electronics have been used to create Bob Moog’s classic theremin circuit design while improving bass response in the lower registers.
The refined cabinet features hand-finished hardwood and two quickrelease plated-brass antennas. Additionally, rear-panel I/O connections and a detachable mic stand adapter ensure quick setup on the go.
Easily accessible front-panel controls allow for spontaneous changes in timbre, and the antennas’ response can be adjusted to suit any player and their environment (advanced users can go a step further via the calibration access panel on top of the instrument).
A front panel headphone output—with dedicated volume control—pairs with the addition of a Mute button that silences the main audio output, while leaving the headphone output active for privately adjusting timbre and tuning. In addition, Etherwave Theremin can connect directly to—and control—your other modular, semi-modular, and Eurorack synthesizer systems via CV (Control Voltage).
Control your synthesizers or effects while playing the theremin by patching into Etherwave Theremin’s 3.5mm Pitch CV, Volume CV, and Gate CV jacks for a completely new performance experience.
Etherwave Theremin Key Features:
- The Etherwave Theremin is an analog theremin using Bob Moog designed circuits for the classic theremin tone
- Features a wide playing range with improved bass response and stability
- CV control outputs for gestural control of Modular synths
- Monitoring flexibility achievable through multiple configurations of on-board headphone output, line output, and line output mute function
- Housed in a durable, lightweight and portable enclosure
- Internal antenna connections and mic stand adapter simplify set up
- Sound Source: Analog Heterodyning Oscillator
- Sound Modifier: Analog VCA
- Pitch Antenna: Performance control of the frequency range, from approximately 0 Hz to 4.2 kHz, based on hand proximity
- Volume Antenna: Performance control of the dynamic range of over 70dB, based on hand proximity
- Mute Button: On: Audio Out muted; Phones Out active Off: All outputs active
- Switch Jack: 1/4" jack for momentary footswitch (not included) controls Mute function
- Power: LED indicator (front panel); Button (rear panel)
- Headphones: 1/4" output jack
- Audio Out: 1/4" Audio output jack
- CV Out: 3.5mm jacks for Volume CV Out, Pitch CV Out, Gate CV Out
- Power Supply: Style: wall adapter; barrel connection; center-pin positive
- Input: 100 - 240VAC; 50 Hz - 60 Hz
- Output: +12VDC; 2A
Bundle with Moog's SR Series Etherwave case to protect your theremin whilst on the move.