The new Launchpad Pro [MK3] is Novation’s most powerful grid controller for making music in Ableton Live. It’s also the most customisable grid instrument for playing and sequencing MIDI-compatible hardware and software, with brand-new features and improved implementation of the famous 64-button pad.
Launchpad Pro takes hands-on music making to a new level, with a standalone sequencer, Print To Clip function and eight configurable Custom Modes. Powered by USB and with a sleek, compact design, Launchpad Pro goes places even your laptop won’t.
Launchpad Pro [MK3] is much more than an incremental update of an already powerful controller. In developing MK3, Novation designers looked closely at existing Launchpad Pro user requests, and implemented new features to make it an essential upgrade for existing users, as well as the first choice for newcomers to the grid-controller market.
As a direct result of these user experience improvements — in addition to the overwhelmingly positive response to MK3 versions of the Launchpad X and Mini — we expect demand for Launchpad Pro to be very high.
Made to Produce:
Launchpad Pro isn’t just Novation’s best Ableton Live controller ever, it’s the hub of your production and performance setup. While features like tap tempo, transport controls, Capture MIDI and Print To Clip empower Live users, new Custom Modes and a built-in sequencer make it the perfect partner for your hardware. With the new Easy Start Tool, owners will be up and running in minutes, combining instant gratification with limitless creative potential.
Deeper Live Integration: More Music, Less Mousing:
Launchpad Pro [MK3] is the most advanced third-party controller for Ableton Live. Transport controls let you trigger playback and recording directly, with any track you select instantly primed for recording. Take control of Live’s tempo and set fixed clip length for recording, all without touching the computer. Capture MIDI keeps track of everything you play, even when you’re not recording, so you never lose an idea again.
The Complete Sequencing Workstation:
The brand new four-track, 32-step standalone sequencer transforms the Launchpad Pro experience. Sequencer tracks are eight-note polyphonic, and they can sequence software or hardware instruments. Micro Steps help to take grooves off-grid, and patterns can be chained together and assigned to Scenes, to build and perform complete songs. Users can modify patterns on the fly with Probability, Mutate, Sync Rate and Play Order controls, then print directly to Live clips.
Custom Modes: Make Launchpad Pro Your Own:
Launchpad Pro [MK3] can be reinvented as a custom controller for any MIDI-compatible software or hardware. Simply drag and drop widgets in the all-new, easy-to-use Novation Components editor. Repurpose pads to send custom messages including CCs and Program Changes, and create individual colour mappings, as already rolled out in MK3 versions of Launchpad X and Mini. Store configurations as one of eight Custom Modes and switch between them seamlessly for expressive and flexible control.
The Most Playable Launchpad Yet:
Launchpad Pro’s velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads are bigger and more responsive than ever before — perfect for playing grooves and launching clips. Note and Scale modes tailor input to the key of the song, and brand new is Chord mode: an inspirational tool for building harmonies. Launchpad Pro even knows when you’re drumming and shows your Drum Rack on the grid.
Control MIDI-compatible Hardware, Software, Or Both:
Tailor Launchpad Pro to your personal setup, then take control of MIDI-compatible hardware and software. Use Custom Modes to send MIDI commands to software and hardware simultaneously. MIDI Input, Output and a switchable Out 2/Thru port on space-saving 3.5mm connectors allow Launchpad Pro to play and sequence synths, samplers and drum machines, or sequence a MIDI-equipped modular synth rig.
Easy Start Tool: Hassle-free Out Of The Box Experience:
An industry first, our step-by-step interactive Easy Start Tool tailors the Launchpad Pro setup process to the user’s needs, to get them making music as quickly as possible. This super-simple process also has the effect of reducing the number of product returns due to lack of understanding on the part of the customer
- Deepest Ableton Live Integration yet: Launch clips and scenes, access mixer, device and transport controls, and quantise, duplicate and double clips — all without touching the mouse.
- 64 super-sensitive RGB pads. Larger, velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads mirror Ableton Live Sessions in colour. Visualise Live clips on the Launchpad and play your instruments dynamically and expressively.
- Powerful four-track, 32-step sequencer. Each track can contain a complex drum groove or instrumental part. Patterns can be grouped and chained to build tracks. Probability and mutation controls help to spark new musical ideas.
- Chord mode allows users to explore, build and play complex chords from the grid, and quickly find new harmonies.
- Dynamic Note and Scale modes. Effortlessly play perfectly in-key bass lines, melodies, chords and leads. Launchpad Pro even knows when you’re drumming and shows your Drum Rack on the grid.
- MIDI In, Out and Out 2/Thru. Control all MIDI-equipped gear in your studio directly from Launchpad Pro.
- Capture MIDI. On-device access to Live's Capture MIDI function means you need never lose ideas again.
- Eight Custom Modes. Easy-to-use Novation Components editor lets you customise mappings for any MIDI device.
- Sleek, lightweight and tough, and USB-C bus-powered.
- Ships with a truckload of world-class sounds, instruments and effects, for making music straight out of the box.
- Get started easily. Our online Easy Start Tool will get you all the software you want, with step-by-step video guides to get you set up with Live and making music in minutes.
Key improvements over the previous Launchpad Pro:
- Powerful built-in sequencer allows Launchpad Pro [MK3] to control any MIDI synth, sampler or drum machine.
- Transport controls, tap tempo, Print To Clip and Capture MIDI mode provides deeper integration with Ableton Live.
- Eight Custom Modes and the Components editor help to make Launchpad Pro your own.
- Chord Mode makes it easy to create and perform with sophisticated harmonies.
- Larger, more expressive pads for a more rewarding playing experience.
- More compact, more portable and more powerful as a standalone device than ever.
- USB-C connector with USB powering for standalone use.
- Ableton Live Lite – quickly organise and arrange your sounds and start making tracks with this staple electronic-music-making software.
- Two months Splice Sounds membership – offering millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily.
- AAS Session Bundle – Three synths for music makers, providing staple sounds for your tracks.
- XLN Addictive Keys – Access one of four virtual keyboards when you register your first piece of Novation or Focusrite hardware.
- Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette – High quality reverb and tape deck emulation plug-ins, to add some space or take your sound back to the golden age of cassette tapes.
- Softube Time and Tone bundle – made up of four of Softube's world class plug-ins: reverb, delay, an easy to use mastering tool and distortion.
- Sound Collective – bringing Novation hardware owners a new free plug-in every couple of months.
What's in the box?
- Launchpad Pro
- USB-A to USB-C Cable
- USB-C to USB-C Cable
- USB-A Power Adapter
- 3x TRS Minijack to DIN MIDI Adapters
- Safety information sheet
UPDATE Sept 2020: v1.2 Firmware Update
New features expand the creative capabilities of Launchpad Pro [MK3]. Unquantised Recording lets you record into micro steps for off-grid beats, and you can perform and record sequences with more expression than before. Also new are Legacy Mode and controls for Trigger Threshold.
All Novation products purchased after 01.01.18 now come with a 3 year warranty