Dynamic Instrument Microphone
The legendary Shure SM57 microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals.
A snare crack. A power chord. A wailing sax. The potent notes that blast from your instrument connect to the crowd on a visceral level. And the sound needs a mic that can handle its strength. For every acoustic condition, the SM57 delivers the power of your playing to every fan in the house.
Go ahead. Play hard.
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
What is the SM57 best suited to?
It’s the most popular choice for a professional musician who wants to mic up their amplified or acoustic instrument such as a guitar amp or bass amp, saxophone, trumpet or drums. It is used on stages and in studios around the world.
How does it sound?
The contoured frequency response with its presence rise, helps the instrument cut better through the main mix. The extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and will simply record what you point at it while rejecting sound from the rear.