Eventide are very happy to announce the latest addition to their compact pedal range: Blackhole. Based on the best-selling Eventide plugin, now comes in a pedal format.
Pick and choose from five incredible presets or get creative and create presets of your own. Blackhole can load as many as 127 presets via MIDI and they are also accessible in the preset list on the Eventide Device Manager (EDM). With this magnitude of flexibility, Blackhole will take you on a journey from cathedra-esque spaces to a new frontier of aural experimentation.
Blackhole features two types of infinite reverb. “Infinite mode” continuously layers new sound on top of a suspended reverb while “Freeze mode” holds the effect in stasis, allowing you to play over the reverb tail. The Freeze Footswitch allows instant access to this feature.
Unlike other reverbs which may offer pre or post modulation, Blackhole features modulation built into the very reverb structure itself: this modulation can be used to smooth out the rough edges of the most extreme settings and offers unique tone-shaping ability.
Like all Eventide pedals, Blackhole allows you to fine-tune every aspect of the effect with the new, user-friendly, intuitive interface. A historical foundation of Eventide’s sound, the Blackhole reverb pedal opens an endless selection of possibility on your pedalboard.
Explore Beyond the Horizon
Create haunting echoes, ethereal landscapes and otherworldly ambience with Blackhole, a reverb pedal as big and as mysterious as the cosmos. What lies beyond a blackhole's horizon? A place where time turns upon itself? Where gravity folds in upon itself? Or is it a portal to another dimension? Blackhole takes you there – beyond the ambience of mere earthly Halls, Rooms, Plates or Springs. Blackhole will take you on a journey from cathedral-type spaces to a universe of out-of-this-world soundscapes.
It includes onboard tone controls, modulation, and infinite reverb settings with mono or stereo operation, MIDI control, preset storing, and most importantly a new compact, easy-to-use interface.
Blackhole features two types of infinite reverb. Infinity mode continuously layers new sound on top of a suspended reverb. Freeze mode holds the effect allowing you to play over the reverb tail. The Freeze Footswitch allows instant access to this feature.
Unlike other reverbs which may offer pre or post modulation, Blackhole features modulation built into the reverb structure itself. It's essentially a big multi-voice chorus, with unique tone-shaping ability. You can utilize extreme settings to smooth out the edges.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe
- Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb
- Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon
- Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or clear up the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail
- Tap the Freeze Footsiwtch to instantly 'freeze' your sound
- Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface